Scholarships for Graduating High School Seniors...the application process for the 2021 Cy Gruberg Scholarship program closed on March 31, 2021. Thank you to all students who applied. Our committee is currently reviewing applications and will announce scholarship recipients later this spring.
Contact Your Guidance Office - Click Here to Apply to the 2021 Cy Gruberg Scholarhip
Thank you to Dr. Cy Gruberg in blessed memory & the Jewish Federation of Ulster County, a $180.00 scholarship is available to a Jewish high school graduating senior from an area high school who is college bound “whose acts or deeds have made a most significant contribution to their school and our community.”
Applications for 2021 were announced through the guidance offices at all Ulster County high schools, as well as at Red Hook, Rhinebeck, and Wallkill High Schools. The Federation’s high school scholarship committee will select the recipients, and students will be notified before their respective school awards ceremonies or graduations.
To our beloved Doc Cy, we thank you and will remember your generosity and support that has encouraged students by underwriting the cost of their scholarship.
The Scholarship Committee is looking forward to reviewing all applications and will make awards based on available funds.
Scholarships available for 2021 Include
- Summer Camp Programs for children ages 4-11
- Summer Camp Programs for children ages 12-16
- Summer Programs in Israel for teenagers age 16-18
- High School or College Academic Programs - for one year study in Israel
- Volunteers for Israel & Jewish Study Programs for adults age 18 and over
- Summer Camp Program for a child to attend a Special Needs Camp $250 Generously donated by Dan Falk, High Falls Center for the Developmentally Disabled
- The Marlene Survis Memorial Scholarship Fund - $250 This is open to all Jewish students 4th grade thru post-graduation level (23 years of age). Generously donated by Marlene Survis’s daughters Amy Doelling & Laura Pittelman
Please Note that due to the enormous interest and response, we are only able to award a scholarship to one member of a family and preference will be given to first time applicants.
Applicant or family member must be a member of the Jewish Federation of Ulster County. A minimum contribution of $36 to the 2021Annual Campaign constitutes membership.
Recipients will be notified in May and will receive their scholarship at the Federation’s Annual Meeting in June.
Programs must be Jewish in orientation.
The deadline for application is Friday, April 30
In your letter to the Scholarship Committee, the following information is required:
- name & address
- phone (home) cell (if applicable)
- parent’s name(s)
- parent’s address if different than applicant’s
- work experience if applicable
- indicate the purpose of funding (Jewish camp, Summer Teen Program to Israel, high school or college 1year academic program, Volunteers for Israel, Adult Study Program)
- Please explain how this experience will impact your life
- tell us something about yourself and family.
Please send your resume & proposal to:
Jewish Federation of Ulster County
390 Aaron Court
Kingston, New York 12401
or email to: email@example.com
Federation Scholarship Opportunities
Federation is offering you the opportunity to award a designated scholarship in your name. Please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org with your selection by Friday, April 16.
Example: Summer Camp Program for children ages 4 -11 donated by donor.
The scholarship committee will review the applications and notify you of the scholarship recipient. Payment is due upon selection of a candidate.
- $250 Summer Camp Program for children ages 4 - 11
- $250 Summer Camp Programs for children ages 12-16
- $500 Summer Programs in Israel for teenagers age 16-18
- $500 Volunteers for Israel & Jewish Study Programs for adults age 18 and over
- $1,000 High School or College Academic Programs - for one year study in Israel