Scholarship Application DEADLINE is April 26th
The Jewish Federation of Ulster County is pleased to present a variety of scholarships for camp and study.
Additional scholarships available for 2017 Include:
- Summer Camp Programs for children ages 2-11; up to $400.
- Summer Camp Programs for children ages 12-16; up to $400.
- Summer Camp Programs for children with special needs; $250. Generously donated by High Falls Center for Developmentally Disabled.
- Summer Programs in Israel for Teenagers age 16-18; up to $400.
- High School or College Academic Programs - for one school year, up to a $1,000 stipend for study in Israel.
- Volunteers for Israel & Jewish Study Programs for adults age 18 and over; up to $400.
- The Marlene Survis Memorial Scholarship Fund – This is open to all Jewish students 4th grade thru post-graduation level (23 years of age). An award of $250 is given by the Women’s Philanthropy Campaign based on a submitted proposal and resume.
- A scholarship is awarded to a graduating Jewish high school senior in the area high schools. Applications are available in the guidance office.
Please Note that due to the enormous interest and response, we are only able to award a scholarship to one member of a family and preference will be given to first time applicants.
Applicant or family member must be a member of the Jewish Federation of Ulster County. A minimum contribution of $36 to the 2017 Annual Campaign constitutes membership.
Recipients will be notified in May and will receive their scholarship at the Federation’s Annual Meeting Monday, June 5th.
Programs must be Jewish in orientation. The deadline for application is April 26th.
In your letter to the Scholarship Committee, the following information is required:
- Name, address, phone, and cell (if applicable)
- Parent’s name(s)
- Parent’s address if different than applicant’s
- Work experience if applicable
- Indicate the purpose of funding
- (Jewish camp, Summer Teen Program to Israel, high school or college 1 year academic program, Volunteers for Israel, Adult Study Program)
- Please explain how this experience will impact your life?
- Tell us something about yourself and your family
Please send your resume and proposal to:
Jewish Federation of Ulster County
One Albany Avenue Suite G-10
Kingston, NY 12401
Or Email to: email@example.com and put “Scholarship Application” in the subject line.